Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Install Lightroom 5

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently bought a new Mac and wanted to install Lr5. I coulnd't download the installation file, until I finally got it from support.

I can't seem to open the application, I keep getting the below error:

Please uninstall and reinstall the product.
If this problem still occurs, please contact Adobe technical support for help, and mention the error code shown at the bottom of this screen.
Error: 16

Support suggested I reach out to the community as they couldn't resolve it for me.

Any help is highly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Omar

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your new Mac is running the Catalina version of MacOS (which is likely), you need to be aware that LR5 cannot be installed on that operating system. The installer is 32bit, Catalina will only install and run 64bit applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Jim. You're right, it's an OS issue. Any idea if there's a work around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing easy. You could try downgrading the OS to Mojave, but that stops you ever upgrading the OS in future, as long as you still want to use LR5, so I certainly wouldn't do that. Or you could sign up for one of the subscription-based Adobe Photography Plans to run the latest version of Lightroom (now called Lightroom Classic, which is at version 10). Or if subscription isn't for you, you could buy the latest Photoshop Elements....or move to a non-Adobe solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines