Highlighted

Can’t open Lightroom CC library after moving

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I though it is a good idea to move the Lightroom library from the Picture folder on a Mac to my external Harddisk. 

When i opened Lightroom again, it couldn’t find any pictures anymore. Yes I didn’t know that you have to change the location in the settings. I start getting nervous of losing my photos that’s why I put the library back to the old place in the “Picture” folder. 

Then I realized that there are two library’s now. The one I moved with 40GB and a remaining one with 800kb. 

The one with 800kb has it’s original name. The library I moved back and forward with the 40GB is called library2. 

Does anyone know how to fix that, that Lightroom can open this library again? 

Thank you!

TOPICS
Import and share, Mac, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can’t open Lightroom CC library after moving

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I though it is a good idea to move the Lightroom library from the Picture folder on a Mac to my external Harddisk. 

When i opened Lightroom again, it couldn’t find any pictures anymore. Yes I didn’t know that you have to change the location in the settings. I start getting nervous of losing my photos that’s why I put the library back to the old place in the “Picture” folder. 

Then I realized that there are two library’s now. The one I moved with 40GB and a remaining one with 800kb. 

The one with 800kb has it’s original name. The library I moved back and forward with the 40GB is called library2. 

Does anyone know how to fix that, that Lightroom can open this library again? 

Thank you!

TOPICS
Import and share, Mac, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 07, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot move the Library file to another disk. That file must remain in your Pictures folder. What you can move is the location of the local copies of your images, if you do save a local copy. 

Assuming that all your images were uploaded to the cloud before you did this, then Lightroom should simply download them all again after it has created the new library and so you should not lose any images. That may take quite a bit of time, however.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 08, 2019 0