• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can this be used for interior design?

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate any advice, I have been struggling to find the best software for my needs as I start my own interior design service. In the past I've taken a photo of the clients space and I draw over it using something simple like the Paint app, its not great to look at but its quick and gets the point across. Now that I am going out on my own I would like to be able to have virtual presentation boards-photos of furniture mixed in with my floor plans and elevations. Can you let me know if this is possible using Lightroom or is there a better option? I am not looking to create an entire house with AutoCAD, just a simple way to take photos, draw on them and be able to make some kind of collage. Thanks for the help!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure Lightroom is going to easily work for what you want to do. Lightroom does not make changes directly to the images, but rather stores those changes in a catalog leaving the images unchanged. Lightroom does not have drawing tools. It would be necessary for you to make initial adjustments to the image using Lightroom and then export a copy of the image. Then you could use the other software to draw on that copy of the image as needed.  At that point I'm not sure if or why you would want to use Lightroom. If the idea is to be able to allow the client to see that modified image online then you would have to import the modified image back into Lightroom and then send a link to the image to your client. It could be done, but might be a little awkward until you get the hang of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines