• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can you please tell me how to save a crop, and if the number of pixels on its longest edge

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can be chosen for that crop, I wish to have the original photo not destroyed so a 'save as' option please, or where is the best place to find these answers please

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Edit: Sorry my answer below is for Lr-Classic!

In Lightroom: Export the photo, and set the Custom Long edge dimension!  (simple as that!)

ScreenShot345.jpg

The crop tool in Lightroom-Classic does not work in the way that Photoshop or many other photo editors work.

1. Your original  image files are not/never touched or changed by any edits you do in LrC.

2. The Crop Tool uses 'Ratios'. eg. 4x3 8x10, 1x1, etc. You can do a 'Custom Crop' but it will still be a 'Ratio'.

3. To create a file of specific 'Pixel' dimens

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: Sorry my answer below is for Lr-Classic!

In Lightroom: Export the photo, and set the Custom Long edge dimension!  (simple as that!)

ScreenShot345.jpg

The crop tool in Lightroom-Classic does not work in the way that Photoshop or many other photo editors work.

1. Your original  image files are not/never touched or changed by any edits you do in LrC.

2. The Crop Tool uses 'Ratios'. eg. 4x3 8x10, 1x1, etc. You can do a 'Custom Crop' but it will still be a 'Ratio'.

3. To create a file of specific 'Pixel' dimensions you must Export a derivative copy from LrC, with dimensions set in the 'Resize' panel.

4. The use of Virtual Copies is helpful to see variations of different crops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzgnUmS9J8U&feature=youtu.be&list=PLmXfFxjdp3CHCRpDULlvcaqWfK_zLPWF2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi5O-XmbuOw&feature=youtu.be&list=PLmXfFxjdp3CGrMbqtNj6XQ5IkQUqiIfN7

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

TYVM for your help that IS a relief!!...I worry about original photos!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines