Highlighted

Cannot delete originals from Library

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lightroom CC, after 3 years perfectly happy with Lightroom Classic.

Completely frustrated by the fact that I cannot delete originals from my Library. Why?

In Classic, it was possible to set image to 'X' as you were editing, then at the end of my session I simply clicked "delete all rejected photos"

Not only is this not possible now, but even pressing "option + delete" only removes the photos from my library.

It STILL remains on my HD, and no doubt being uploaded to my (limited space) on The Cloud...?

Cannot anybody please illuminate me?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot delete originals from Library

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lightroom CC, after 3 years perfectly happy with Lightroom Classic.

Completely frustrated by the fact that I cannot delete originals from my Library. Why?

In Classic, it was possible to set image to 'X' as you were editing, then at the end of my session I simply clicked "delete all rejected photos"

Not only is this not possible now, but even pressing "option + delete" only removes the photos from my library.

It STILL remains on my HD, and no doubt being uploaded to my (limited space) on The Cloud...?

Cannot anybody please illuminate me?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Windows 10. X will mark an image for deletion, Z will reverse that. So I don't know what is happening on your computer. What exact version of Lightroom CC are you using? I'm using version 2.2. Also, take note that I'm referring to the images in the cloud. I'm not looking at images on my hard drive.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim,

I'm using the same version (2.2 - on a Mac)

I think Theresa has illuminated me - I didn't realise that it's now: Cloud reacts initially, then the HD "mirrors", if I check the correct button in Prefs.

Carey

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carey, That is correct. Storing local copies creates a mirror of what is in the cloud. Think of the cloud as the master.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Lr CC all photos are managed in the cloud. Importing uploads them to the cloud. Lr CC does not retain a connection to the original images on the hard drive like Lr Classic does. After the photos finish syncing you can remove them from your hard drive. I recommend making a backup of them before you do this though. When you delete a photo from Lr CC it removes it from the cloud. If you have turned on the preference to store locally, the local copy will also get deleted.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines