• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot find my edits on a photo

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I imported a new photo into my Lightroom CC library which is also synchronized with the Adobe cloud.

Then I did some changes on this photo, went back to the grid view and left everything as it was.

Later I opened another devices which is also connected to my Lightroom CC library cloud. There I found the photo, but only the unedited one.

So I went back to my PC to see what was the problem with the edited version. But all the edits are gone even on my PC where I did those changes. This is a huge problem. I never clicked on "Reset changes" or anything like that.

Where can I find the edited version?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, let's get your naming convention right. The cloud version is now called Lightroom, the PC version that saves images in folders on your computer is called Lightroom Classic. I assume that you did the changes in Lightroom Classic. If you look at the history of the image in the develop module in Classic, are you able to see the list of changes that you made to the image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. No, I did the changes in Lightroom on my PC, not in Lightroom Classic. Lightroom is the cloud based program where changes are synchronized to all devices.

If I open the Edit Sidebar, it does not show me any changes. Is there any changelog or history on this particular photo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm reading between the lines. I suspect you are running both programs on the same computer. The behavior you are describing is what I have seen. The two programs are not designed to work together in that configuration. If that is what you are doing, don't do it, or at least don't stress when things don't go the way you think they should. Just a word of advice because even though logic says everything should work the way you expect it to, it won't. And the only answer to that question is, just because.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm not using two different versions of Lightroom on the same computer. I'm only using Lightroom, the cloud-based application, on different devices: Computer and Tablet.

I guess that is what Lightroom (not Classic) was defined for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
My eyes must be deceiving me. I thought sure I saw "Classic" somewhere in that original message. My experience with Lightroom for the cloud has been that it is great when it works, frustrating when it doesn't work the way I expect it to. Try again, and see what happens. That's my only suggestion. Someone else with more experience might have a better one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines