• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot import into Lightroom

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this is a new post, why start another for the same issue? The main difference is that I have a PC running Windows 10. My problem is that I just installed Lightroom Classic CC, but can't get it to add photos from my Pictures folder. David36166309 suggested adding Help/System Info to problems like this, so it is below. If you have any guidance, please let me know. I can't very well test my trial software if I can't add photos to its database.

Lightroom version: 3.0 [ 20191017-0835-b386176 ] (Oct 17 2019)
NGL Version: 1.11.0.8
Operating system: Windows 10
OS Version: 10.0 [18362]
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Computer model: Dell Inc. Precision WorkStation T3500 / Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU W3530 @ 2.80GHz
Logical processor count: 4
Processor speed: 2.8 GHz
Built-in memory: 24573.5 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 24573.5 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 544.8 MB (2.2%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 773.1 MB
Memory cache size: 326.1 MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 12.0 [ 321 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 3
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 0MB / 12286MB (0%)
Camera Raw real memory: 0MB / 24573MB (0%)
System DPI setting: 96 DPI
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Displays: 1) 1920x1200
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info: Unknown
Graphics Processor Detail: loaded: No, supported: No, compute: No, init: I1_Failed, hard: fail_no_gpu2, soft: not_checked, wl: No, bl: No
OS Media Capability: true

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom CC
Settings Folder: C:\Users\Gerry\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom CC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your system info reveals that you are not only running Windows (and the original post where you added your message is about MacOS Catalina), but you are not using Lightroom Classic (which is at version 9), but Lightroom (which is indeed at version 3). So I moved your post to the proper forum and changed the title.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I do have Lightroom 3 installed, but I also have Lightroom Classic CC installed, and it was from there that I went to Help/System Info. Odd that Classic was not recognized.

In any case, in the rather long interrim I have managed to import my photos into Lightroom Classic. But the lack of ways to manage those photos (most showed up in triplicate) and the nonexistent support for a free trial forced me to abandon Lightroom Classic altogether. Good riddance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Yes, I do have Lightroom 3 installed, but I also have Lightroom Classic CC installed, and it was from there that I went to Help/System Info. Odd that Classic was not recognized"

Sorry, but that is nonsense. If you use 'Help - System Info' from within Lightroom Classic, then you'll get the system info from Lightroom Classic. Also when Lightroom (cloud) is installed as well. You clearly used 'Help - System Info' from Lightroom (cloud).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines