• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot import RAW files from a Sony A7III onto a new MacBook Pro

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to import photos taken on my A7III directly into Lightroom (2015.8 Release, Camera RAW 9.8) from the disk inserted onto my new MacBook Pro I will sometimes get images on the RAW photos that says "Preview Unavailable for this File" and the photos will not import.  Checked that the LR software was up to date.  Also tried to save the images onto my harddrive first but still have the same issue.  Did not have this problem with my Canon camera.  Any suggestions on how else to import RAW photos from a Sony camera?  Thanks for all your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 2015.8 is very old. You need to upgrade to Lightroom Classic. If you do not wish to upgrade, then the only option is to download the free Adobe DNG Converter and convert the Sony raw files to DNG. Lightroom 2015.8 will import these DNG files.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Johan already said, it's too old to support the A7III.

However, when you use 2015 you seem to have a subscription and definitly should update to the latest version which is 9.4

Camera support: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/supported-cameras.html

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Johan and McLion, have upgraded under my subscription and all my RAW files are there.  Thanks for hte assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines