• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot import videos made with iOS 11 (iPhone 7) into Lightroom CC

New Here ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me with iPhone X: cannot import any video shooted with my iphone X. This is lame when you know you are paying one 160$US yearly sucription for LightRoom CC with cloud storage access... please help and provide a real solution...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

This happens because the desktop version of Lightroom CC does not yet support HEVC video which is what your iPhone by default records in because it is much more efficient. If you import to CC through your phone in the Lightroom CC app on your phone (which is a more convenient method anyway than connecting your phone to your computer), I believe the phone will automatically transcode to H264 video which is supported in Lightroom CC and will show up on your desktop. Also the Photos app should tran

Votes

Translate

Translate
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GGBaroon,

Sorry for the frustrating experience.

Are you trying to import your iPhone X media into Lightroom or into Premiere Pro?

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, nope: I am trying to import video on .MOV or .MP4 format from my iphone-X to Lightroom CC (with cloud access version that I pay with a yearly suscription...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish Adobe would get off their Behinds and fix their badly coded software and lack of Codec support (and don't blame Apple or Microsoft). Hire better developers.

HEVC h265 has been out since OCTOBER, perhaps even before that. Now it's 7 months later and still no support in LightRoom Classic. I hear a lot of complaints from my peers in the Motion Graphics Industry not just about Lightroom but also about After Effects. I use it too and I'm frustrated with all the issues it has.

I wish for less features and more stable/faster software that works with the millions of cameras that support HEVC. Adobe, If you ever look at this thread, you are making a lot of money and not giving us useful software for pros. Fix the issues, no more excuses. Eventually we will all look and find alternatives for your suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless I am mistaken this is still a problem almost a YEAR later. It seems that Adobe is abondoning LightRoom Classic [software originally developed in close cooperation with real photographers] in favor of its cloud based software. The workflow in the cloud based software just does not suit this photographer and I suspect many others and yet Adobe does nothing to fix the issue. The one interaction from Adobe Staff on this thread was a question with no follow up when the answer was supplied. I can only assume that Adobe is ignoring this problem in the hope we will all find our own work arounds. The current correct answer seems to be to downgrade the video codec so as to "avoid the issue". Surely not a real solution to the problem.

I used to always recommend Lightroom to others looking to manage their photos, but now I will not. In reality it is a bundle of incoherent and incompatible software items. For example keywords entered in CC will not sync to Classic - Why not?? Because Adobe can't or doesn't want to provide the functionality. So it is pointless using an iPad as part of workflow when traveling to categorize photos and have them seamlessly appear on the desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get an error message or does import just not start? I’m guessing you can see the videos when you try to import (if not, you have to select the ellipsis at the top right and have Videos ticked).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do get an error message AFTER the importation of all elements are done: always the videos (.MOV or .MP4) are said to have error issues in the importation process. I can see the videos icons before starting importation and I did selected the ellipsis top right to have these Videos ticked. Please advise...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screengrab of the error, then Adobe Staff may be able to assess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what happens when I import:Capture d’écran 2018-05-05 à 09.23.25.png

and here below is the message of error explaining the video cannot be imported because the "file would be damaged". However, all my videos are good and can be successfully imported if I would import then via iPhoto SW from Apple

Capture d’écran 2018-05-05 à 09.25.51.png

please help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens because the desktop version of Lightroom CC does not yet support HEVC video which is what your iPhone by default records in because it is much more efficient. If you import to CC through your phone in the Lightroom CC app on your phone (which is a more convenient method anyway than connecting your phone to your computer), I believe the phone will automatically transcode to H264 video which is supported in Lightroom CC and will show up on your desktop. Also the Photos app should transcode automatically. You can also set your phone to record H264 video by default in Settings>Camera>Formats. Move the setting to "Most compatible" and avoid the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see an article finally posted on August 21: HEIC and HEVC media files support in Lightroom and Camera Raw

In regard to HEVC on a PC or Mac:

HEVC (H.265) video files support

Windows and macOS

Lightroom CC, Lightroom Classic CC, and Camera Raw currently do not support HEVC video files on Windows and macOS. Adobe is working on providing the support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, I discovered an unexpected and really easy way to solve this, considering you already recorded the videos and is unable to do it again It was actually one of my friends who gave the idea and actually worked.

If you are using Windows, just change the extension of the file: from .mov to .mp4.

I had 150 videos from an iPhone which I need to use and it worked, to every video!

Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Didn't work for me!
I changed the file extension and then tried to import to LR, but LR was unable to import just like the other files with .MOV extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines