Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot move some photos between shared albums

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have a problem i cannot seem to solve on my own and can't seem to find the solution to this specific one online, maybe any of you can help me?

I am trying to move my photographs from my current (private) account to my new account (for use at the office) but I get an error (see attachment, its in Dutch tho. It says: cannot copy the photo). I'll try explaining this as specifically as possible.

What I did on my new account: I created an empty album for every project I whish to move, then shared it with the new account and gave it full access.

Then on my current (private) account: I selected all photos from an album and moved them the the empty album that is now shared with me.

The problem:  I get an error on top of the screen: could not move photos and for some reason out of the 79 pictures, only 51 got moved. When I try to move the pictures that didnt move one by one, I get the same error again with the same result. I tried this with all my other projects and got the same result: a portion of the photos gives me this error.

Anyone any Idea of what this might be?

Help would be very much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That process should work (I've tested it myself), so the only thing I wonder about is if the images that failed to copy are only in the cloud in smart preview format (i.e. initially synced from Lightroom Classic), and not full originals. Is that possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quite a clever way of transferring between accounts! 

Apart from Jim said, the only thing I can think of is that syncing hasn't completed, although doubt that's the case here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines