Highlighted

canon EOS R5 support

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to import photos from the canon EOS R5 but it is saying an error has occurred or the files have been corrupted when will Lightroom support a new canon camera and also for Adobe Premiere Pro support?

Hi there,

We are happy to announce the release of Lightroom Classic 9.4 & Lightroom Desktop 3.4 which integrates Camera Raw 12.4 and now supports the Canon EOS R5 raw files.

Here's a list to the other newly added camera support in the August release: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html 

To update Lightroom Classic and Lightroom Desktop to the latest version, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to the app. See: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/update-app.html 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

TOPICS
Feature request, Import and share, Make It, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

canon EOS R5 support

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to import photos from the canon EOS R5 but it is saying an error has occurred or the files have been corrupted when will Lightroom support a new canon camera and also for Adobe Premiere Pro support?

Hi there,

We are happy to announce the release of Lightroom Classic 9.4 & Lightroom Desktop 3.4 which integrates Camera Raw 12.4 and now supports the Canon EOS R5 raw files.

Here's a list to the other newly added camera support in the August release: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html 

To update Lightroom Classic and Lightroom Desktop to the latest version, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to the app. See: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/update-app.html 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

TOPICS
Feature request, Import and share, Make It, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As community users we are not privy to release dates, but Adobe have reverse engineered the CR3 files and released the DNG Converter that will give you raw files to edit in Lightroom in the interim until Lightroom is updated (very close?).

DNG CONVERTER

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.0, Photoshop 22.0, Lightroom 4.0, Windows-10. Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've updated my Lightroom Classic to 9.4 version, however, it does still not support Canon R5 CR3 file import. Can you please help?

Thanks.

Regards,

Vish

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vish,

Sorry to hear that you cannot import your Canon EOS R5 CR3 images into Lightroom Classic 9.4.

• Are you getting any specific error message?
  • Did you converted the CR3 files using the Canon's image utility tool?
  • Are you able to open the raw files in Photoshop or Camera Raw?

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

Thanks for your reply. I didn't get any error message in Lightroom. I can open and see raw CR3 in Canon R5. If I convert with the DNG converter, I can see and import converted files. However, I'm looking for CR3 files import directly (Without conversion) in lightroom as I used to do with my older camera (CR2) files. Is that possible with this new update?

For reference, I attached a snapshot of the lightroom screen to see there are no RAW pictures files (#85 files) displayed for import.

Thanks.

Regards,

Vishwas

No CR3 raw files are displayedNo CR3 raw files are displayed

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I can now import my Canon R5 files, there are no Camera Settings.  When will this be available?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody but Adobe would know when they'll be available, and Adobe rarely announces features in advance. There's an issue with the CR3 raw format which is apparently being worked on, but it's been like that for over a year now. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 0