• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant import any photos ("Fatal database error")

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello

I just subsicribed to lightroom/classic/photoshop two weeks ago and i already have to problems.

One of them is that I cant import photos anymore. it just wont import, even when there is an progressbar at the top left corner. when I go to the Taskmanager I can ee that the CPU isnt busy (around 5%) and non of the other components arent used more than 10% (RAM around 7 out of 14GB) the only thing lightroom says about that is when you restart the programm without cancelling the import it says:  "Fatal database error"

can somebody help me? im currently edditing a payed shooting and i dont really like lightroom classic...

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep having the database error too! No idea what to do to fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

so i just found out how to fix it. its very simple, but you will lose all youre data. 

you have to delete lightroom and some data in youre windows explorer: 

1.      deinstall Lightroom

2.      go to the explorer and search " C:\Users\*insert user name*\AppData\Local\Adobe "

3.      delete the folder called "Lightroom CC"

4.      install lightroom once again

5.      finished -it should work.

but remember: all photos will be deleted (maybe deleting a special sub-folder can help, havent tried it.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines