• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capture date default

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 user here. Why, when I import photos into Lightroom, does it make the "capture date" the date the photo was imported? Can I chage this? 

I used to use Adobe Photoshop on my desktop (not on the cloud but locally stored on my computer) and it always used the metadata as a default so that my photos were always cataloged correctly by date without any further steps. The way Lightroom is doing it has made a mess of my dates and doesn't allow me to view metadata to change the date manually either. Very frustrating!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted:  My first answer was for Lightroom-Classic

For Lightroom: You can edit Capture Time from the Menu: Photo > Edit Capture Time...

"Capture Date" is metadata from the camera - Date of photo taken. (Not the date Imported to Lr)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. However, let me clarify my question. 

Currently, when I import a photo into my Lightroom (NOT Classic, just LR), it is saving the photo in LR as the import date, not the capture date.

I want it to save and catalog photos by the capture date. Is there a way to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is your setting for Sort Order?

ScreenShot420.jpg

And with a selected photo, what do you see in the Info panel for Capture Date?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines