Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalogue is empty, after installing Lightroom desktop on Windows

New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

previously I used Lightroom cc mobile and after installing Lightroom cc on my desktop, the catalogue is empty - on the desktop version as well es in the app? What can I do? 

Thank you!

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom. Would you mind sharing the version of Lightroom mobile you are using? Are you using the apps through a subscription? If yes, please go to Lightroom.adobe.com & check if you are able to locate the images you added to Lightroom mobile on the web. Also, please ensure you are signed in to the mobile app & the desktop app with the same ID on which you have the subscription.

In case you are/were using the free version of Lightroom mobile, the images would be stored locally on the mobile phone as sync is disabled for the free version of Lightroom mobile.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Yes, I used the free version, so where I can find the local catalogue on the mobile phone (what kind of name is the local catalogue) and how to reload into the cloud?

I am sorry, I am a kind of dummy on this😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have subscribed using the same ID with which you have logged in to the Lightroom mobile app, you can launch the app to check if it syncs the images to the cloud storage. You can also try restarting the mobile device to check if that helps.

If you have subscribed using a different ID, you can export all images from the app then sign in using the the new ID & import the images again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advices! I'm using the same ID and it didn't work, the catalogue is still empty. Has the content been overwritten? Is there anything I can do additonally to fix the problem? 

Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info & we're sorry that didn't help! Would you mind confirming the version of Lightroom you have installed on the computer?

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the version 4.2 on my computer. Is used the free mobile version since 2018, has the catalog always been saved only locally? I checked my mobile device and my memory has not changed and there were already about 4000 photos in the catalogue...

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the info! With the free version of Lightroom mobile, the images are stored locally on the mobile device itself. Since sync is not enabled in the free version, the images are not synced to the cloud storage & can not be accessed on other devices.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines