• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Change mouse wheel behavior in "Edit" mode

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway to stop the mouse wheel from changing the active photo when in "Edit" mode.  All the selective editing tools (Crop, Healing, Brush and Gradients) have explicit scroll wheel functionality in the main image window for tool controls and navigation.  What I find happening more than I care to admit is upon moving back to the overall "Edit" module I will scroll expecting to zoom/navigate and inadvertently cycle through a few images, usually leading me to switch back to "Grid" view to find my original image.  This scroll wheel functionality makes sense when in general "Detail" view, but part of me feels like it shouldn't work this way with the "Edit" panel open.

I also do a lot of work in Photoshop and Illustrator (often concurrently) and find the mouse/keyboard modified navigation differences moving from those to Lightroom to be quite jarring at times.  In the absence of the standardized Alt/Space navigation controls, a way to make these behaviors more consistent would be fantastic.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi OsirisAD,

We'd love to get this request and feedback submitted officially as a feature request so the engineering team can get this recorded. Could you please post this feedback here:

Lightroom Desktop | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a solution? This is driving me crazy. I'm trying to edit a single photo, and need to scroll through the tool panel, but if my mouse accidentally scrolls over the image I'm suddenly jumping through other photos or back into grid. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This needs to be fixed soon please I keep scrolling over to different pictures while trying to edit a single one when using my mouse wheel. I would like to be locked in on one photo to edit and choose a different photo by clicking on the small version of it at the bottom of my screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes for me also the same issue. While opening lightroom desktop for editing , it automatically going to the the first image of the image panel. It is very difficult to edit a particular image. Please share the solution at earliest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me also, this is an issue!   Very very frustrating, please share a fix asap.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has not been resolved and it's making me NUTS... the link just seems to take me to the main area and not a specific place that seems related to Lighroom engineering team. It's bonkers that this is even happening and wasn't caught by them... just awful!

Votes

Translate

Translate