• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change the location images are moved to when adding them to Lightroom

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a large number of images on an external harddrive, that I would like to sort through with lightroom.

When I import them into lightroom It tells me I don't have enough space on me C drive. That is why I want to change the import location to my D drive

In Lightroom Classic CC this is possible, but in Lightroom CC I have not found a way of doing this.

In the options menu in the programm itself there is a way to view the folder where images are imported to and it tells me how much space is left on the drive but no way to change the location.

But on the other hand I can change the location where originals are saved.

Also I have installed the programm on the D drive,

Am I missing something here Or is this not possible?

Thanks for Your help!

*also sorry that the screenshot is in German, for some reason you have to reinstall the programm if you want to change the language

aa.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are looking in the right place. You can see the path where images are stores listed near the bottom, just click the link to change the location:

2020-09-09_19-02-13.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for youre Reply!

I changed that to a folder on my D drive and restarted the programm, but when I try to import images, it still tries to put them on the C drive

bb.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a new screenshot of that Lightroom>Preferences>Local Storage tab, so that we can check to make sure the setting is correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im guessing this is it?

cc.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earlier you said you had changed the location for storing of the originals to a folder on your D drive, but that screenshot shows that you haven't done that yet. Click on the Browse (Durchsuchen...) button bottom right and then select the folder on the D drive. Then restart Lightroom, on doing that it should automaticaslly move any existing originals from the C drive to the new folder on the D drive, and will use the D drive for all new imports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that the "stuff/Pictures/Lightroom/Originals" folder is on the D Drive and Lightroom still wants to import on C even after restartingdd.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only thing that looks a little odd is that both the C drive and the D drive appear to have the same drive name. I wouldn't have thought that would matter, but I wonder if somehow that's confusing Lightroom. You could easily test that by changing the location again to the Seagate Expansion Drive, then restarting Lightroom to see if that makes a difference.

However, it may be temporary workspace that Lightroom needs on the C drive, so you could also try reducing the percentage space utilisation figure from 25% to something like 5%, just to see if that makes a difference as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines