• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

changing font size back to normal in lightroom

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i changed the font size to 400 percent in lightroom and now it's so big I can't access the menu to take it back to normal.  Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lightroom.PNG

I did exactly what you said and this is what happened.  I tried several times.  I appreciate you trying to help me.     Lana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, click the shortcut to launch Lightroom.

Then, immediately press and hold Alt + Shift until the the Reset preferences dialog appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lightroom 2.PNG

I followed your instructions but the reset preferences dialogue does not come up.  This is a screen shot of my entire screen.  As you can see at 400 per cent I can't access any way to move it.  Any more suggestions?  Lana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The instructions I posted are for Lightroom Classic, but I see now that you are using Lightroom CC, so I'll get a moderator to move this thread to the Lightroom CC forum, where you're likely to get better help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC provides the same method for resetting its preferences.  Follow these steps:

1. Do the menu command Help > System Info to verify you're running LR CC 1.5 (the latest version). If you have an earlier version, do Help > Updates. After the update, do Help > System Info again to verify you're on LR CC 1.5.

2. While holding down Alt and Shift, click on the shortcut you use for starting LR CC.  You should see a dialog asking if you want to reset its preferences.  See this screen recording for an example:

Dropbox - reset-lr-cc-preferences.2018.09.14.mov

3. If you still can't get that to work, exit LR CC. In File Explorer, enter this folder path:

C:\Users\your-username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom CC\Preferences

(Substitute your username for your-username.)

Then delete the file "Lightroom CC Preferences.agprefs".   Restart LR CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the suggestions worked so I ended up having to uninstall Lightroom CC.  I certainly appreciate everyone who tried to help me.  Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To help others, were you able to get the reset-preferences dialog to open in step 2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered the same problem and THis (reset via alt shift) worked for me. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the only option you have in Lightroom CC is to change the text size in the preferences:

Lightroom CC preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far this also appears to be the only option for Lightroom Classic as well.

Why not put a scroll in all the dialogue boxes?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it was my windows task bar hiding the Restart Lightroom button. My moving the task bar I was able to restart Lightroom and thus reset the font size down to Medium.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this post is at least 5 years old, but THANK YOU for asking this question! I had the exact same problem happen to me, and after a morning of difficulty with Lightroom was ready to chuck my computer out the window.  Johnrellis reply with link to the Lightroom Queen worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines