Highlighted

Check location metadata in Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Over the years, I carefully added to their metadata the location of all the photos I took, using lightroom classic.

I have now a subscription including lightroom CC and I was wondering if there is a possibility to search the images or at least show the location informations in this software.

Many thanks in advance !

Message was edited by: Sahil Chawla

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Check location metadata in Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Over the years, I carefully added to their metadata the location of all the photos I took, using lightroom classic.

I have now a subscription including lightroom CC and I was wondering if there is a possibility to search the images or at least show the location informations in this software.

Many thanks in advance !

Message was edited by: Sahil Chawla

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 24, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

As you want to check the location of images in Lightroom, could you please click on the i icon on the bottom right and let us know if you're able to see it?

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 24, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer.

When I click on the icon you mention, I can see the exposure settings, title, time and date etc... but no mention of any location info.

I don't know if it makes a difference but I always manually entered the location, I don't have a GPS coupled to my camera.

Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 24, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found this ongoing feature request here: Lightroom CC: Ability to geotag photos | Photoshop Family Customer Community
You should add your vote and and stay tuned for future updates.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 24, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help.

Beat regards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 24, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you actually click the small map a browser window should open with the location and co-ordinates.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 24, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please explain me where is the map you are talking about ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s in the desktop version of Lightroom. Select a photo with co-ordinates and click the info icon bottom right – see images below:

View from Info Panel in Lightroom 2.3

Map.jpg

Browser view which opens on clicking map

Browser.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. I did not mention it but I only use the Android version and I cant see any equivalent button...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2019 0