• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clean uninstall of Lightroom

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom syncing was "stuck" on 15 files for days with no way to delete or stop the syncing. I erased all of my albums and photos to perform a clean uninstall/install. After the re-install, the photos that I thought were erased were still there, AND now the program is trying to sync 3500+ files, despite having only 1000 photos uploaded prior to the uninstall.

How do I perform a total uninstall of Lightroom, including caches and file logs, so that I can have a "fresh start" with the application? I am on a Mac.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try to help you :

- To be sure which photos are stored in the cloud, go to http://lightroom.adobe.com . After login, you will have the possibility to delete all photos already there, if you want. Warning : be sure to have the originals somewhere safe in a disk (not linked to Lightroom). After deletion, you will have to go to the "Deleted collection" to really delete the photos from the cloud.

- To clean up the Lightroom CC (NOT Classic) installation in your Mac, you can use the Creative Cloud app. Then go to your Pictures folder, and delete "Lightroom Library.lrlibrary".

- After that, you may be able to have a "fresh start" installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any chance you have a bunch of images in the "Deleted" collection? Lightroom could be trying to synchronize those images but they are deleted but still being held. Lightroom holds deleted images for 30 days but you can go to that collection and permanently delete them. That solved a sync issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 60 days, Jim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still learning (as usual).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines