• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clean up grain

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went from using Nikon D7500 and toning in Photoshop to Nikon D750 and using Lightroom about a year ago. My shooting style has not changed but I seem to have a lot more grain in my shadow areas since switching them I did before. Are there any tips for easily cleaning up the grain in Lightroom? I shoot a lot of Street documentary images. My clients have not mentioned noticing a change but I notice it. Can you help? Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to say without seeing any examples. A couple of suggestions would be to shoot at a lower ISO. If that isn't possible then try compensating by adjusting the luminance noise adjustment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HealLand_1.jpg

You can see the grain in her face. I understand about lowering the ISO but this is the same ISO I had used with my D7500 shooting in JPG and using Photoshop to tone. I never had a grain issue with those images. I am now using the D750 and shooting in RAW. I understanding RAW is the best way to go. I will try the luminance noise adjustment. MY goal is to eliminate steps if possible. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wihout a refernce its hard to be sure but this appear to have pretty high contrast.  Higher contrast and pushing shadows can make grain.  Can you give a screen shot of your sliders?  750 takes clean images and its plenty bright out.  So my guess is brightening the shadows may be the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What ISO setting was used on that image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LRTone1.JPG

Is this the screenshot of slidders that you want to see? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You arent pushing the shadows that much, so it isnt what I guessed.  Maybe the combo of shadow lightening and sharpening is adding some noise.  Be curious also now what the iso is for this image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines