Highlighted

Clear Originals folder

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

As noted in a bunch of threads here, it seems like when importing photos in LR CC, they are uploaded to the cloud but not removed from the HDD afterwards, no matter if you have the "Store a copy of all originals" checked or not. Like in my case, I have it unchecked and the originals folder is still 90GB. The cache size is set to 1% which is 960MB according to LR CC.

Now...can I manually blow away the Originals folder on my laptop without deleting them from Adobe? Is this safe?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JohanElzenga | Adobe Community Professional

Yes, do it from the Finder.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Clear Originals folder

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

As noted in a bunch of threads here, it seems like when importing photos in LR CC, they are uploaded to the cloud but not removed from the HDD afterwards, no matter if you have the "Store a copy of all originals" checked or not. Like in my case, I have it unchecked and the originals folder is still 90GB. The cache size is set to 1% which is 960MB according to LR CC.

Now...can I manually blow away the Originals folder on my laptop without deleting them from Adobe? Is this safe?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JohanElzenga | Adobe Community Professional

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 11, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried it on my Mac and you can do this without a problem. The only thing is that as soon as you zoom in to such an image, it may get downloaded again.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2019 0
Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than post the same issue twice on the same forum, it might be more beneficial to submit a bug report at Lightroom Desktop (Cloud-based) | Photoshop Family Customer Community  Since the linked forum is monitored by Adobe Engineering and QE thee's more chance of your post being picked up than there is of multiple posts on this forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not say that the other issue is the same. Here I simply wonder if I can remove the originals safely.

I did submit a bug report which includes this a year ago: Lightroom CC: [BUG] - Available space | Photoshop Family Customer Community

So yeah... after a year without a fix I just wanted to know if it’s safe to remove the originals.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2019 0
Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is safe to remove the originals after the sync to the cloud is complete. You may want to make a copy offline before you remove them though.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2019 0
Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you remove the originals? just delete the originals folder?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2019 0
Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure: Detele the contents, leave the folder.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2019 0
Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do this from finder not from within lightroom correct?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2019 0
Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2019 0