• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cleared Lightroom CC (Non Classic) catalogue with saved "Originals"

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My School has reset my account or changed the plan and has cleared my Lightroom CC catalogue. They alerted me before hand so i selected "Save copy of originals on hard drive" and tried to back it all up. Now that it is empty is there any way to import them without going through every single folder and selecting them all? Also does this mean i have lost all of my edits?! I have over 20k photos on it and it would be a bummer to loose those edits...

Thanks for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post over from the poorly named "Using the Community" forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

First What Exact version of Lr are you using?

There is NO Lr CC anymore. There is Lr Classic the Traditional version that has been around since 2007. Then the newer Lr Desktop version which runs on Real Computers and stores your images on the Adobe Cloud server system. And then there is Lr Mobile for android and iOS devices and the Lr Web system you get to over the internet in a Web Browser.

Which version are you using on your Computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the Desktop Version that isnt Lightroom Classic. By the sounds of it all my edits are gone, I will send an email to my school IT and see if there is anything they can do. Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't have a catalog with your edits (which is what it sounds like) then your edits are probably gone. If you can retrieve your catalog from your school or from backups, you can get the edits back. If you turned on the option to write metadata to XMP in Lightroom, you can get the edits back. Otherwise, they're gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post agian to a better forum. From LrC to the LrD (Cloud Storage) forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"My School has reset my account or changed the plan and has cleared my Lightroom CC catalogue"

You need to find out from your school exactly what they did. Unless they've actually deleted all your images from the cloud, it's quite possible that everything is still as it was in the cloud and you just need to get access to your account again. Until that is determined there's really not much we can do to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines