Highlighted

Cloud Storage Full - Delete doesn't work

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been racking my brains now and I need some help please.

My Cloud Storage in CC says 16GB out of 20GB. I'm deleting photos from LR CC and LR Mobile but it's having no difference on the cloud storage. I've also gone to Assests and Archive and it says I have no files uploaded at all. I'm completely baffled by this and wondered if someone can help me please?

Are you deleting from All Photos? Deleting from an album will not remove from the cloud.

It is possible to delete from your Lr web app. Log-in at the link below. Go to All Photos and select the images you want deleted, then click the trash can icon on the blue menu at the top and confirm you wish to delete permanently.

https://lightroom.adobe.com/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cloud Storage Full - Delete doesn't work

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been racking my brains now and I need some help please.

My Cloud Storage in CC says 16GB out of 20GB. I'm deleting photos from LR CC and LR Mobile but it's having no difference on the cloud storage. I've also gone to Assests and Archive and it says I have no files uploaded at all. I'm completely baffled by this and wondered if someone can help me please?

Are you deleting from All Photos? Deleting from an album will not remove from the cloud.

It is possible to delete from your Lr web app. Log-in at the link below. Go to All Photos and select the images you want deleted, then click the trash can icon on the blue menu at the top and confirm you wish to delete permanently.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 21, 2017 1
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 21, 2017 2
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, I've been deleting albums thinking it would delete the photos, but it doesnt. So confusing.

Deleting from All Photos doesn't delete them from Classic does it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 21, 2017 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

leejmoff  wrote

Deleting from All Photos doesn't delete them from Classic does it?

No, deleting images from the cloud does not delete them from Classic, it just stops them from syncing by removing them from the All Synced Photographs collection in Classic.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 21, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same confusion. This was very helpful. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 20, 2020 0
99jon LATEST
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the introduction of the deleted tab, files permanently deleted immediately free up cloud storage space but remain available for 60 days should you wish to restore one or more.

DeletedTab.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 21, 2020 0
Advocate ,
Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did the following test:

Checked Storage. = 9.22MB of 100GB possible

Added 7 11MB raw images thru Lr CC desktop

Storage went to 77.19 MB almost instantly

Then I deleted 3 of the images using Lr CC Web and the other 4 using Lr CC desktop

Within 20 seconds the usage dropped back to 9.22MB

Point is - The Adobe system seems to be working quite well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 21, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the exact same problem.

i uploaded 32GB with the 1TB subscription, changed to 20GB subscription plan, and, of course it was 32/20 GB full.

I deleted all files, but adobe tells me i still use 32 GB of my available 20GB.

support contacted 2 times, they are not helping.

on adobe cloud website there are no files uploaded at all. neither in the  trash bin nor in the archive.

please adobe, just fix this issue for me ! im paying for it, so do your job please.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 27, 2018 4
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Lr Classic and open your synced catalogue. Let sync complete, and important verify that it has downloaded all the photos you expect. Double check.

Now go into Classic's Preferences, LRCC, and choose Delete All Data. It'll ask you to confirm.

That should be it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 27, 2018 3
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you just safed the adobe support a lot of time and work.

impossible, that the support is not able to do in weeks what u did in a few lines.

just a very very bad user experience. if you not told me, i would never ever find this option / website.

thank you a lot in the name of the next adobe supporter, you saved him from my anger.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 28, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I needed support a couple months ago. I'm talking to someone in India, and omg.....very time consuming, very frustrating. When I have time, i'm going to learn ALL of my Affinity on my IPad, and load it on my IMac.  I hate this freakin' system they developed!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have this issue and have emptied the cloud trash and done the "delete all data" online and it still shows over half my 20gb storage used.  It's insane there is no place to go that just shows every file in your cloud storage in one place.  Support was also contacted and just had me jump through all the hoops just to say that it's going to the backend team and who knows from there.  Just give me a reset all storage or a real delete all cloud data button please!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact Same issue here!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2018 0