Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloud Syncing Stuck at "Syncing One Photo"

New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community and support team,

After having read various forum posts and just having contacted Adobe Support (which made me go through various steps to no avail) I am hoping I can get some help here.

I am currently experiencing the issue so many apparently have with cloud syncing being stuck at one photo remaining.

Here is my case: Having created the diagnostic log, it appears that one photo is the reason of concern. This photo had already been deleted locally and from the cloud's 'recently deleted' folder. It appears to unsuccessfully try to sync metadata (which of course won't work anymore).

In case you, admins / support team, need the diagnostic file attached or sent, I will happily do so.

Best regards and thanks in advance!

Steve

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt if there is anything there as you have deleted locally, but it may be worth checking http://lightroom.adobe.com/ if you haven't already. And delete any file that have Sync Errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already checked on the browser version, but, unfortunately, also to no avail. I know exactly which picture it is, but even re-importing the picture (and deleting the picture again) doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, Lightroom is perpetually syncing 2 photos on my Desktop application (where my originals reside). Checked all other devices' Deleted folders (iPhone & iPad, smart preview storage only), and total photo count matches exactly everywhere as well.

If I filter syncing in progress photos, nothing displays. Can't find any solutions at all that work, I'm really stumped. Perhaps it's not hurting anything - but now I'm not sure. At the very least, it's really annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I've tried so far:

• going into Prefs / Account, holding down option (alt on PC), and running the mini report
    • this located 2 files that stated "metadata needs to be uploaded" (something like that)
    • when I deleted these files, it continues to sync 2 files endlessly
    • when I run this report again, it locates 2 new files with the same metadata message above (???)

What I might try next:

• full catalog backup to external drive (safety first 🙂 )
  • going into prefs and setting local catalog storage to "smart previews only"
  • re-launch the application (lightroom will perform a cleanup, which I assume is purging all locally stored originals)
  • let it fully sync to see if problem resolves
  • go back into prefs, set local storage to "store originals locally" again
  • re-launch, allow full sync, hopefully it resolves the issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you will have find I will be interested. I have same issue with 2 files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely, will do. I reached out to an Adobe staff member on another support page, I'll post my results here (even if it's a back-end fix that Adobe needs to do).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@régisg73707670 After no luck trying all other suggestions, here's what I did:

• back up local Lr library to an external drive, then disconnect external drive
  • delete Lr library / empty trash
  • restart computer
  • launch Lr, it will create a new library and then download all originals from the cloud server (I have Lr's prefs set to keep originals on my iMac)

This instantly fixed my sync issues. If you have originals stored on your local drive like I do - you'll of course have to wait for the new initial download for a few hours (depending on your connection speed). But, I spent much more time trying other fixes that never worked.

Make sure to let that initial download completely finish, before doing any work in Lr. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines