Highlighted

'Codec is missing (HVC1)' error message in Lightroom 5.7.

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am still using Lightroom 5.7 on an iMac running OS Mojave v10.14.3. I have a MOV file which I can play with QuickTime v10.5. I am unable to import this file into Lightroom and get the error message: "IMB_8389.MOV" was not added because a required codec is missing (HVC1). Is there a way to import this MOV file?

Thank you in advance for any assistance with this.

TOPICS
How to, Import and share, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

'Codec is missing (HVC1)' error message in Lightroom 5.7.

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am still using Lightroom 5.7 on an iMac running OS Mojave v10.14.3. I have a MOV file which I can play with QuickTime v10.5. I am unable to import this file into Lightroom and get the error message: "IMB_8389.MOV" was not added because a required codec is missing (HVC1). Is there a way to import this MOV file?

Thank you in advance for any assistance with this.

TOPICS
How to, Import and share, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I just found someone had this same issue and I now know how to deal with it. What a great forum!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2020 0