• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Collaborative proofing - client website shows 'custom order' rather than chronological order

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a Lightroom gallery ordered by 'capture date'. When I make a client proofing webpage, it appears in the random order that is created if 'custom order' is selected in the web app. The images are not rated and don't have color labels.

I can't see any way to make the images appear in chronological order for my client. There's no way they will be able to select images when 366 images are in a totally random order. I am on MacOS Mojave, latest  version of Lightroom.

Frustrating. Please help!

P.S Although you can view the filename when click the 'i' button in the web proofing gallery, it would be useful if they could be show under the large images, or even the thumbnails. Seeing if the image is a jpeg or tiff is of no interest to a client.

Many thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

OK, here's how it works. The client always sees whatever is set as the current Custom Order in the cloud ecosystem, if one has been set. That could have been set in any of the Lightroom "cloud" apps, or even Lightroom Classic if that has been synced to the cloud, as the custom order does sync across the system. So, whatever was the latest custom order set is the order that a shared album will be viewed by the client.

Ideally, the client should have their own display ordering capabilities, but

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, here's how it works. The client always sees whatever is set as the current Custom Order in the cloud ecosystem, if one has been set. That could have been set in any of the Lightroom "cloud" apps, or even Lightroom Classic if that has been synced to the cloud, as the custom order does sync across the system. So, whatever was the latest custom order set is the order that a shared album will be viewed by the client.

Ideally, the client should have their own display ordering capabilities, but in the absence of that the owner needs to ensure that the order reflects what they want the client to see. That has been made quite easy by using the browser-based LrWeb app (login using your Adobe ID credentials at lightroom.adobe.com), then select the album in question and click on the "Display" icon at the bottom of the grid (looks like an artist's palette). When the Display dialog initally appears it'll probably be just a single line, so click on the up arrow at the right to expand it. Then you'll see the option to "Reorder By" near the bottom, together with a drop down list of various sort orders. Clicking on one of these will reset the current Custom Order to whatever you have selected, thus enabling your clients to view the album the way you want it to be seen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Jim. I don't know where, but I was able to select capture time or custom order somewhere else. I know it's still in beta (and seems to have been for a couple of years) but it would be great if it was more intuitive. I also failed to find a good support page on this website with clear instructions. There was a good YouTube video by Terry White, but it didn't mention reordering images. 

As my TTG client response gallery website plugin has stopped working in Lightroom, it's great that there's something that might replace it.

It would be good if clients could log in without an Adobe ID. My corporate clients won't have easy access to one. Also for filenames to be visible under the large images or under the thumnails (and they don't need to see 'JPEG' or 'TIFF').

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines