• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Collections in Classic did not create any Albums during migration

Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying unsuccessfully to migrate to Lightroom CC.  Last week after some trial and error I successfully migrated all my photos but all 40,000+ photos appeared in "all photos" in CC.  This is despite the fact that I read if prior to migration you create a collection at your top level folder in Classic, it will take those collections and make albums in CC.  Having 40,000 photos dumped into a single bucket in CC makes the product completely unusable.  I've deleted my CC library and am willing to try the migration again but as it takes several hours of time I would like to make sure I have Classic prepared for the migration.

As a side note, it is very frustrating to see migration videos where the user has 350 photos in their library.  Who has successfully migrated tens of thousands of photos?  How did you make the result in CC actually work for you?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First create a Collection Set of your top level folder. This should create a collection set with collections of each folder. Right or control click on the folder to find the option to create a collection set.

Bottom line is that collections convert to albums in Lightroom cc. Make sure you have all the collections you need in the collections panel, before you start the migration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will attempt this again while I'm off work for the holidays but this was not my experience during my recent migration test.  Is there a time lag where CC is creating the albums?  Here is how my FOLDER structure looks (sample).

Lightroom Photos

-People

--Portraits

----2018-11-24

----20018-12-4

--Candids

-Events and Activities

--First Day of School

Etc, etc.

So I right clicked on Lightroom Photos and choose create collection set (or whatever the exact verbiage is).  Then after I was sure the collection set was populated and matched the folder hierarchy I just described, I closed Lightroom Classic and opened CC.  I ran the import process in CC and when it was done, there were zero albums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like it should have worke. Maybe you can take a screenshot of your Classic collections and share it here before you start the migration process agai.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got it to work after several failed attempts where Lightroom CC told me I did not have enough disk space (even though I have over 100GB free).  After migration I tried to use the application and it was so painfully slow it was unusable.  Who wrote this application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines