• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Collections in Version 3.2?

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the latest version of Lightroom have a function similar to "Collections"?  I'm trying to sort all my photos by ones that have no keyword attached to them so I can tag them appropriately.  All the searching I'm doing references utilizing the "Collections" feature...which I don't think this version has.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jessica,

The relatively new version of Lightroom is a Cloud Based version and is the one that you are using. This stores all photos in the cloud and these sync to Lightroom on Web and Mobile devices. It has Albums which you create to store photos in. Keywords are assigned bu selecting individual photos and selecting the keywords icon.

Collection are similar to Abums but you find these in the traditional Lightroom Classic, which stores the photos  on local discs.

Which version more suits your workflow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the reply! I'm thinking that Lightroom Classic might be a better fit for my needs. I have my photos organized into albums and have added keywords to a large portion of them, but I want to make sure they all have keywords/tags and I don't know how to efficiently determine which ones don't have them yet. I think the Smart Collections feature in Classic is the best way to sort them this way. Do the cloud-based and Classic versions sync to one another?

[JS]
[Email Sig Mobile 2]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines