Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color distortion (purple tint) when exporting to JPG

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm experiencing a really weird issue where when I try to export a set of photos to JPG, there is a very noticeable additional purple tint applied that is not present on the original edited photo (and doesn't show up if I export as RAW file formats). Anyone encounter this issue or know what's going on? I've tried modifying the color space / output sharpening settings to no avail and am using "Screen" and "sRGB" as my defaults.

I'm on the latest version of Lightroom (3.3) and this is the first time I'm encountering this issue. It also strangely appears only for some of the photos in the same area (and with presumably the same general settings).

Here's an example below:

Original:

spencerc1132028_1-1595024946798.png

Export preview:

spencerc1132028_0-1595024933683.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. Super frustrating. Colors change, the image looks more red/purple when exporting to JPG 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think one other person has reported a similar problem. I’m not seeing it personally. It seemed to be related to the Macbook Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ugh yeah I have a Macbook. Is this a device-specific issue then? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on a desktop on Windows, thus not Macbook related, I think it might have to do with a recent update that was installed?  Everything was perfect until about 2 days ago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have exactly the same issue with files coming from Leica Q2 !!!!
The issue seems not happened with files from EOS R...

The issue seems to com from the LR3.3 version with mac OS and Leica Q2 files.

The only way is to revert to LR 3.2.1, but how to revert to 3.2.1 to restore the exports to normal ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install older versions by clicking the three dots menu in Creative Cloud – see image below.

ThreeDotsLr.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on the three dots I only get the "learn more" options, no previous versions. Does anyone know why?

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am experiencing it since yesterday, I am sooo frustrated!  I tried everything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to an ancient thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same one you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better off posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information, including system information, a complete description of the problem, and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

If the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines