• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

color profile

Explorer ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a book using Blurb and when it arrived the background color was significantly darker than what I see on my moniter.  In talking with Blurb they suggested we add their printing color profile and do a softproffing of my book.  Can some suggest how I do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't created a book using Blurb. But apparently on their website they offer a color profile that you can download. There will be instructions on how to install it. After you install the profile you can use that profile to soft proof all your photos. However, the description of your issue would indicate that it's possible that your monitor is adjusted to display too bright. Is the monitor calibrated? Are you watching the histogram to verify that the image is properly exposed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disagree with the advice about a Profile from Blurb!

First it is a CMYK Profile- and Lightroom cannot use CMYK for proofing. And which printer (in the world) is the CMYK profile for?

Best advice is from JimHess- Calibrate the monitor!

If your photos are 'correct' in Lightroom (with a calibrated monitor) then Lightroom uploads the book with the correct sRGB profile for printing.

(15 Blurb books- and never a problem for me.)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I want to thank all of you for your suggestions but I would like to clear up a few things that you are not aware of.

1. When you make a book in the LR Book module and send it to Blurb and I believe any other printing service the actual printing will be done using a CMYK profile not the sRGB we thought it would.  If you are doing home printing you need to put in the printer profile and it is in CMYK and not sRGB.

2. The monitor has always been calibrated and checked.  

3. What Blurb does and I assume others will as well is they take your book and adjust to the nearest CMYK color without telling you.  That is the reason we got a book with a much darker background than what we saw on our monitor.  

4. In the Develop module of LR Classic when you are doing soft proofing of a photo you need to add the color profile and that is usually a CMYK profile.  You are not printing using sRGB.

5. You would think that Adobe would provide a soft proofing capability in the Book Module but they do not so what you see is not necessarily what you will get.  

6. A last note and that is when you are asked to preview on the Blurb website your book before ordering all you are seeing is your unloaded pdf.  They do nothing to it so what you see may not be what you get.  That is what happened to me.

I hope this helps.

Herman Jakubowski

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines