• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Come on Adobe, We need liqify in Lightroom already!

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came here to rant about Lightroom not having a liquify tool, is anyone else frustrated by this?! I have switched over to Lightroom from Photoshop to try and cut my post processing time down and I am finding it so frustrating not to have a liquify tool. I provide my clients with colour and black and white images from their sessions. So now I have a predicament, when someone in an image needs a little touch up to a double chin, or arm flab, etc, I now have to either liquify both the colour and black and white jpegs and try to get them to match, or export all the RAW colour files, liquify the few that need it in colour, and then import the JPEGs back into LR for a quick convert to black and white. OR send all the RAWs into PS for the few that need a touch up and do my black and white conversions in there. Thus somewhat defeating the purpose of speeding my editing time up using LR. 

If anyone has found a way around this can you please enlighten me?

Sincerely,

A Frustrated Photog

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A one tool does all would be nice.  But likely not practical.  Generally lightroom is designed to develop images, PS to manipulate images.  Adobe has to draw the line somewhere.  The compromize, is make the round trip editing as painless as possible.   In your example; do 90% all in lightroom and when needed do the edit in PS function to pop in to PS quckily to do manipulation.

I can see them adding a few more things, but I am guessing they want to keep lightrrom as lean as possible so it does well, what it is designed for.   Just my opinion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Curt,

I have been using LR for years as a sorting and basic exposure adjustment tool, however I have not done my main editing in that program for at least 6 years. So I just figured out now that you can send the file directly into PS from LR, which does make it a bit more seamless. However, I still run into the issue of the black and white's not matching between the RAWs that have not been into PS, and the tiffs that are sent back from PS. I have long thought that it would be nice if there was a program that could marry the best of LR and PS. Maybe some day technology will advance enough that we will see that happen. 

Thanks for responding! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines