Highlighted

Continous "Unable to connect to network" in Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had various remote access sessions with Adobe regarding this issue of "Unable to connect to network" but even they can't seem to get to the bottom of it.  All anti-virus software and firewalls have been turned off, Internet signal has been verified, Host file location checked, Ports have been whitelisted - has anyone got an ideas what i should do to fix this issue?  So much work has been lost with the intermittent connection, i am at my wits end.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Continous "Unable to connect to network" in Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had various remote access sessions with Adobe regarding this issue of "Unable to connect to network" but even they can't seem to get to the bottom of it.  All anti-virus software and firewalls have been turned off, Internet signal has been verified, Host file location checked, Ports have been whitelisted - has anyone got an ideas what i should do to fix this issue?  So much work has been lost with the intermittent connection, i am at my wits end.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 09, 2020 7
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Since your question is about Lightroom, I have moved this from the "Get Started" forum for you.
~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2020 0
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this question about LR Classic, formerly called LR CC?

Or the newer Cloud Centric Lightroom version?

When exactly do you get this error?

Do you get it everytime you open the program?

It might be better yo Allow LR through your firewall and AV software as Disabling them really does nothing. They are still in the background restricting access in and out of your system.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am receiving this message when trying to upload new photos to Lightroom CC on my MacBook Pro. Can you help?  I read on another thread that they had to delete Lightroom through Adobe and download it through the App store. However, I'm having trouble doing this as well. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 0
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What EXACT Version are you using? Go to the help menu and select System Info copy and paste the first 5 lines into a reply.

There is no LR CC. That version and name ended a few years ago.

There is Lightroom Classic, the traditional version and then ther is Lightroom which stores your in=mage files on the Adobe Cloud servers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I call them Lightroom Classic and Lightroom Desktop (3.3)

I have a similar issue with LR Desktop (3.3)

when I leave it alone for awhile, it disconnects and says unable to connect. 

I have to quit the application and start it again

I started having a lot of weird bugs when I chose to run LR Classic and LR desktop at the same time. After I read the warnings of that not being a good idea. I deleted LR classic (only installed it to be able to use faster plugins and use the calibration tool)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this same problem:

Version 3.3.

Lightroom (non classic)

Will use for a bit, then as soon as I try to export photos or upload photos, then it says 'unable to connect to network'

I can restart (cmd + Q) by hard quitting, and then restarting Lightroom. It then works, but you lose all the edits + it eventually fails again..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2020 2
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same issue. It's making it unworkable as a product as not even uploading a few 100 hundred photos and have to keep CMD+Q all the time. Has anybody found a fix ? Feels like it needs escalating to Adobe.

Screenshot 2020-07-25 at 14.47.37.png

Screenshot 2020-07-25 at 14.46.11.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this needs to be escalated. 

I was editing a photo within photoshop from lightroom. I stepped away for like 10 min and went back to it. I clicked save in photoshop and then realized that my lightroom lost connection. 

i had to restart LR and it gave me a warning saying an edit was being uploaded. So now my that same photo is forever syncing 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so, I may have found a fix. Firstly I opened the Lightroom Library container. Then deleted opened the folder with long string name 5080c67... and in there deleted all files that started 'Managed Catalog'. Then I did a preference reset using (hold down Alt whilst opening LR). After that then this somehow triggered a 'Initial Download' again and bingo I have my 36k photos in the Library and all seem to be sync'd fine now ;). A bit random but seems to be working. 

Maybe I had a catalogue glitch - not a wifi issue - but this glitch manifested itself as a connection issue ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2020 0
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of these lost connections are problems with your computers hardware and or the OS Dropping the connection when the system goes to sleep and or when OS X desides it is time to shut the WiFi system down to save battery and or in general electrical power even if always plugged in.

There are options in the system preferences of both Windows and OS X to stop the OS from turning things off randomly. See if disabling these type of things fixes the problems all of you are having.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would imply that LR CC can't survive the OS going to sleep.  That's either intentional (that is, behaving as designed), or a bug.   Cloud-dependent software shouldn't behave this way, so I suspect the latter.   Either way I would think Engineering would want to address it, either as an RFE or a defect.

My 2c,

Mark

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2020 3
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Just Shoot Me.  I don't think checking the box is the answer.

I am having the same issue with Windows 10 Desktop and LR CC 3.4 (also confirmed all of this back to 3.2) and I can confirm I have the "Prevent system sleep during sync while connected to power" checked (I have also experienced this issue with the box unchecked).  I can also confirm that my computer is not sleeping (I am actively using it) when my connection to the network is broken.  I can also confirm that I still have internet connectivity.  At the moment it seems like a pretty random issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue with Windows 10.  This is on start up of the program.  Unable to connect to network.  The internet works just fine.   Adobe Lightroom just cannot access the clould.  I pay a lot of money per month for this service and it should work as stated without having to jump through hoops.  Adobe, you need to address this issue internally.  This is YOUR issue, not a local one if SO many people are experiencing the same thing at the same time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issues. I just bought a new MacBook Pro and was excited to start editing on it, but everytime I open Lightroom it will sync for a few minutes and then stop suddenly. I will only notice after I've edited 3 photos before noticing that it stopped saving my edits and not syncing and showing the unable to connect to network. Even when I try to open the photo in Photoshop, it will just sit on the top left saying 1 activity in progress and never loads. I also then can't close the program. It's almost near impossible to close it and won't let me cancel the activity progress. It's like everything is stuck. They really need to fix this issue as it is extremely frustrating and also we can't even use the app. It's completely useless. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2020 2
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact same issue.  I sat on hold with adobe for 40 minutes, only to get disconnectected and then worked online with someone, only to be told that I needed to delete all of my photos, which I cannot...then the assistant left the chat ...problem NOT resolved.  i cannot even shut down my computer. 

HELP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 1