• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom Desktop Keeps saying 'Unable to Connect to Network'

LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to switch to Lightroom CC but I keep getting 'Unable to Connect to Network' in sync status. If I restart the application it might work for 50-60 photos and then returns to this error message. I'm trying to sync ~12K mobile photos before another 40K RAW images so obviously need to be able to let this run in the background and over night. Have tried restarting the computer as well to no luck.

Any other suggestions on what I can try?

Setup 

• Home computer
  • Windows 10 Desktop
  • Wifi Connection (verified internet is working)
  • Selected option to store original files on a NAS (synology, used a mapped drive)

Lightroom version: 3.0 [ 20191017-0835-b386176 ] (Oct 17 2019)
NGL Version: 1.11.0.8
Operating system: Windows 10
OS Version: 10.0 [18362]
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Computer model: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. X570 AORUS PRO WIFI / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor             
Logical processor count: 16
Processor speed: 3.5 GHz
Built-in memory: 32717.1 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 32717.1 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 940.1 MB (2.8%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 1770.9 MB
Memory cache size: 1752.1 MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 12.0 [ 321 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 9
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 0MB / 16358MB (0%)
Camera Raw real memory: 0MB / 32717MB (0%)
System DPI setting: 144 DPI (high DPI mode)
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Displays: 1) 3840x2160
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info: DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER (26.21.14.3170) - 8 GB
Graphics Processor Detail: loaded: Yes, supported: Yes, compute: Yes, init: I4_GPU3, hard: success, soft: success, wl: Yes, bl: No
OS Media Capability: true

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom CC
Settings Folder: C:\Users\adam\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom CC

-Adam

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Greetings,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products were officially released on 10.20.2020 that include fixes for this issue. Please install the most recent update and confirm that your issue is now fixed. Please let us know if you encounter any issues.

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Additional fixes for this issue have been deployed over the past several releases. If you are experiencing this issue, we recommend your starting a new thread with fresh information. We are marking this thread as completed. 

Thanks for your help. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 218 Replies 218
218 Comments
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My suspicion is that it's because the originals are on the NAS. It's an issue that Adobe hasn't been able to reproduce in-house yet, but I've seen on my own machine and I've heard reported by a few others too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're right. I moved the location of my originals to C: drive and voila - everything now works. Not ideal but I can manage for now, hopefully Adobe figures out a solution for mapped network drives.

Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issues. Im not tech minded to struggling to fix this issue. It keeps saying 'unable to connect to the network'

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to Help>System Info... and get us your installed Lightroom Version Number. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my version Lightroom-Version: 3.1 [ 20191126-2330-434c343 ] (Nov 27 2019)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked firewall settings on your local machine (and network) to ensure that nothing is block the Adobe files from accessing the net?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can say that I experienced issues even after manually disabling all MSFT Firewalls and security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adam@mmg - if you unmount your Nas are you able to connect normally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on mac with Lightroom CC v3.1 and probably found how to fix it. At least it worked for me immediately.

1. Delete "Lightroom Library.lrlibrary" (Lightroom Setting -> Local Storage -> Storage location for original:)
2. Restart Lightroom CC

I've permanently deleted "Lightroom Library.lrlibrary" with previews and setting. "Pictures" is a default path to it for mac. After restart Lightroom pull my albums and photos just like the web and mobile apps. I've checked my Picture folder and found the new one version of "Lightroom Library.lrlibrary" which was created by Lightroom automatically.

NOTE: This happened after last update. I've quit Lightroom while it's freezed "housekeeping" at 48% for half an hour. May be I've aborted update process and crashed "Lightroom Library.lrlibrary".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those of you seeing this error, does it happen after the computer has gone to sleep?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing exactly the same issue. Very often files sync are impacted by 'Unable to Connect to Network' message as shown in the screenshot attached. I am using Lightroom CC 3.2 in a mac Catalina 10.15.3. I am not using NAS but external HDs connected via USB.

Originally I have 720G to be transferred to Creative Cloud and since some days I could not cross the border of 305G meaning I still have 415G pending and I am afraid I will not be able to do it without your help pointing me to the correct direction for this issue to be solved.

If no other option, I will have to cancel my subscription as I will not able to properly work as I expected. This is really frustrating as this issue seems basic as it severely impacts the core feature of this product which is cloud-based 😞

Please, your help bringing some light to this issue

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought the same Julie but, I noticed it also happen when the screen is still active. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Anyone else tried this procedure with success?

I could not find this 'Lightroom Library.lrlibrary' file in my mac. Any help?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more precision: I am using 2 external HDs (via USB). From one I am taking all files in order to upload them to CC and, the other external HD, I use it as 'storage location for the originals' (set from Local Storage).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had various remote access sessions with Adobe regarding this issue of "Unable to connect to network" but even they can't seem to get to the bottom of it.  All anti-virus software and firewalls have been turned off, Internet signal has been verified, Host file location checked, Ports have been whitelisted - has anyone got an ideas what i should do to fix this issue?  So much work has been lost with the intermittent connection, i am at my wits end.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Since your question is about Lightroom, I have moved this from the "Get Started" forum for you.
~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this question about LR Classic, formerly called LR CC?

Or the newer Cloud Centric Lightroom version?

When exactly do you get this error?

Do you get it everytime you open the program?

It might be better yo Allow LR through your firewall and AV software as Disabling them really does nothing. They are still in the background restricting access in and out of your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since last night I cannot access anything on lightroom CC desktop cloud it keeps saying Unable to connect to network. I have a Mac and have reinstalled the software, and definitely have internet connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frank!

I've found the location of this file in Lightroom settings. Go to "Lightroom Setting -> Local Storage" and check a content of "Storage location for original". There should be a wanted folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  Clearly connected to the internet (I'm typing this!) but Lightroom keeps telling me it has no internet connection. I've been trying to make a local copy of my cloud files for three days and after a while, it just grinds to a halt, even though my connection is working for everything else I'm doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me.  Somehow the file was corrupted and causing the issue.  Rebuilding the file solved it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue too (I also have my photos on a NAS).
Lightroom version 3.2.1 [ 20200403-1047-0e59df2 ] (Apr  3 2020)

If I close and open the syncing popup box, it flip-flops between showing unable to connect and showing the right info (most of the time it says unable to connect). I notice that the number of files syncing does appear to be going down (on the rare times it shows the right info), so it appears to still be working even though it is saying unable to connect to network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't fully understand this. So you are suggesting deleting the local Lightroom library file? e.g. "/Pictures/Lightroom Library.lrlibrary"? Would I be right in thinking this would only be safe to do if your entire library is already backed up to the cloud? If it isn't all uploaded and you delete the file, wouldn't Lightroom lose any knowledge of the files stored on the NAS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Julie I started my computer from fresh, connected to the NAS, opened Lightroom and within seconds the message had changed to "unable to connect to network. I tried connecting to the NAS over both wifi and ethernet - same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate