• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert library from one user to another

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My school had included an adobe program with the school mail in witch i used a lot, but when i graduated, the membership had expired. I signed up for a program with my usual mail to have full control of my user, but how did i transfer the library? I just downloaded the lightroom library, as in Lightroom Library.library (file name), and then logged out. When i signed in with my now blank sheet user, I am not able to just transfer the library. I was on Adobe support for hours but they did not seem to comprehand my problem, and were at no use sadly so now I am turning to the professionals :). How do i transfer the library when all that poppes up after many attempts of dragging the file is: No images found. ? I tried logging into my old user to see if i could transfer it back, but did no longer have any acces to lightroom... I had also not placed any files on the cloud AKA, no backup. Any help? Very afraid that i may have lost all my photos. Really hope someone can help

Thomas ❤️

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to transfer accounts. Can you still access your photos in Lightroom by signing into the school account? If so, sign in and then download everything with Lightroom's downloadeder tool. Then you can sign out of the old account, sign into the new account and upload the photos. https://lightroom.adobe.com/lightroom-downloader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thank you for your response! Since the membership has expired, there is no way for me to even open lightroom without an error message... I tried logging into the old app but it does not want to operate. If I understand you correctly, then it does not work sadly... :///

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should contact Adobe about the images in the expired account. Maybe they can recover them for you. You can chat with someone at this link. https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

If you want to open Lightroom with your new account you should use the Creative Cloud desktop application to sign out of the old account, and then sign into the new one. Lightroom should work after that.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines