• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert to BW method differences

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, as far as I have learned, methods to convert an image to BW are, 1- select BW, 2- Slide saturation slider all the way down, or 3- command V.  I've noticed that there are slight, but precievable differences in the resulting BW image depending on what method you use. However, I do not see any difference in the sliders, etc between the different methods.  You can see what I mean if you take an image, decrease the saturation 100%, and then command V.  What is going on behind the scenes? Am I just missing some little adjustment difference indicated in the develope module ?? I've looked, but just dont see one...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you choose the convert to black and white method you can control tones on the image by adjusting sliders for the underlying color. Which Lightroom are you using? The location of these edits depends on whether you are using Lightroom or Lightroom Classic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines