• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting RGB to tif or psd file

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will Lightroom do this?  If not how do I do this in Photoshop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RGB is not a file format, but a color model. TIFF and PSD files can be RGB files, but they can be CMYK too for example. So what exactly do you want to convert? A RAW image perhaps? Yes, Lightroom will do this when you export the image.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I didn't realize RBG was not a file format. As you may have guessed, I am a newbie to the world of photo editing. I am trying to figure out the best way to convert photos to files that I can send to a company (Decals4Artists) to create decals for me that I can fuse on glass. The company requires files in tif or psd. Ideally, I would send them black and white. I may need to convert color to black and white. So one question is how to do this. Second question.  A friend sent me the photo they want me to use in a piece in RBG and now I am wondering if and how I can convert it to a Tif. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"A friend sent me the photo they want me to use in a piece in RBG and now I am wondering if and how I can convert it to a Tif."

You are still confusing RGB and file formats. What file format did you friend use? What is the file name extension?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gOC0vZvE.rgb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*.rgb is not a standard filetype, at least on the Windows platform (and I've never come across it on the Mac platform either). Ask you friend what app they used to create that file, and ask if that app has an option to save it as a different filetype, such as Tif or Jpeg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines