• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy & Paste Settings Issue

Participant ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I copy and paste settings from one image to another, the settings apply to the new photo but incorrectly.  Why does this happen?

Video example here: https://youtu.be/g9Ouj2_UVYU

I sent rough edits to a client with different crops.  The client likes the one I am copying settings from to apply to the other image. The second image is an HDR that has rthe dynamic range I can edit to get the look the client wants.  Do not want to have to eyeball the crop and redo perspective as I have to do this for multiple images.

System specs:

LR 9.0 CR 12.0

macOS 10.15.1

2019 Macbook Pro 16"

2.4 GHz

32 GB RAM

5500M 8GB GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

The guided feature is probably the issue. You should look at where the guides are. They will probably appear rotated 90 degrees

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. I run into this one often. This happens because the original file was an automatically rotated shot. The camera added a flag that the image needs to be rotated because it was taken vertical. When you create the HDR, the new rotation gets baked in and the dng file is vertical by default. This wouldn't be a problem if the crop coordinates were stored with respect to the vertical orientation in the original image, but they are stored with respect to the normal horizontal orientation of the image. So if you sync edits, the crop will not be applied correctly. There is unfortunately not much you can do about this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting... and also frustrating.  One thing I still don't understand though: why would my manual transform settings also be transferring incorrectly if the issue has to do with the fact that he photo was flagged as a vertical by the camera? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use an automatic upright mode in the transform settings? There are all kinds of subtleties with copying and pasting transform settings versus using the sync button. In one case it will reanalyze the image and in the other it wont. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Manually adjusted the verticals. Was doing a fake tilt-shift look so made sure the camera was perfectly level when shot and only adjusted the verticals in post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works fine with a non-HDR image from the same batch: https://youtu.be/BDUsEBRlR9Q

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the settings in the perspective section the same after the copy? I.e. what do the settings look like?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They look the same because I used the guided adjustment feature. Just clicked update on the HDR one and it didn't do anything either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The guided feature is probably the issue. You should look at where the guides are. They will probably appear rotated 90 degrees

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very interesting.  So would the workaround to this issue be to prevent the camera from marking the photo as vertical and rotating them in post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would probably work indeed. The issue is that the hdr dng gets created as a vertical when the flag is set. It doesn't do that if you rotate it in Lightroom manually as far as I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try that workaround. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My other idea for a workaround was to apply the settings to the brackets, then make and HDR after that. That didn't prove successful but I did notice something else strange. Some of the guided transforms were slightly off on two of the three images even after "updating".  Is this related or another bug?

Screen capture here: https://youtu.be/aq_642ml97Q

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy paste problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am ahaving same issues 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines