• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy edits to a raw as jpeg inside Lightroom CC

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Lightroom, but I can´t find a way to save edits to a raw file as a jpeg in Lightroom. The only option I can find is to export the edits as jpeg to a local folder.

Let say I want to do some edits on a raw file, and sync a folder with those jpegs to Adobe Portfolio, but maybe do other edits for other purposes without those edits affecting the one syncing to Adobe Portfolio if I want to add more images to that folder at a later time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

There isn't a way to save edits of a raw to create a jpeg within Lightroom, as you say the only way to achieve that would be by exporting to jpeg and adding it back into Lightroom. But do you need to do that? A couple of things to consider:

1. Unless things have changed recently, edits do not sync to Portfolio. Once you have published an image to Portfolio, any subsequent changes to that image do not automatically sync to the Portfolio site....to get the updated image to replace the one in Por

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't a way to save edits of a raw to create a jpeg within Lightroom, as you say the only way to achieve that would be by exporting to jpeg and adding it back into Lightroom. But do you need to do that? A couple of things to consider:

1. Unless things have changed recently, edits do not sync to Portfolio. Once you have published an image to Portfolio, any subsequent changes to that image do not automatically sync to the Portfolio site....to get the updated image to replace the one in Portfolio you have to manually refresh the album. So, once the first publish has been done you can change the image in Lightroom as much as you want without affecting the original image in Portfolio.

2. You might want to look at the "Versions" feature in Lightroom, i.e. when you have created your Portfolio image, save it as a new version so that you can always go back to it if you want to. Make new edits? Save them as new versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Saving a file as a versions seems to work well. Thanks for the tips!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is something that is trivial to accomplish in Lightroom Classic but not really possible in Lightroom Cloudy. You want to skip the jpeg step completely as it is not necessary but simply use virtual copies in Classic and sync collections to Lightroom Cloudy (so you get preview dngs in the cloud) that you then sync to portfolio. This will automatically create usuable jpegs for portfolio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines