Highlighted

copying photo to new folder

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to copy a photo to a different folder without moving it. In every other Mac program holding the Option key and dragging works. Not in LR Classic. When I hold Opt the photo moves out of the original folder. Creating a virtual copy doesn't work either.

This is so basic it's hard to believe I'm doing something wrong. Obviously I am.

Topics

Bug, How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

copying photo to new folder

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to copy a photo to a different folder without moving it. In every other Mac program holding the Option key and dragging works. Not in LR Classic. When I hold Opt the photo moves out of the original folder. Creating a virtual copy doesn't work either.

This is so basic it's hard to believe I'm doing something wrong. Obviously I am.

Topics

Bug, How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom does not allow you to create a copy because that is not how you should do this. Make a virtual copy if you want to apply different settings to the same image, and use collections rather than folders for the organisation of images.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines