Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupting files on import in new Lightroom CC

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

My files are importing and corrupting after import (initially appear fine). I'm getting them off a Sandisk Compact Flash - never had this issue before! Help!Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 9.56.37 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable Use Graphics Processor in preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is almost certainly a sign of file corruption on your compact flash card. The change from initially looking fine happens because Lightroom first shows you the embedded jpeg preview which is unlikely to have any corruption because it is so much smaller than the raw data, before it renders the file from the actual raw data. You should try a different flash card. Sometimes this is caused by problems in the card reader or the USB cable that you use to connect to the reader instead of the card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images are totally fine when imported into photoshop - does this change your answer? The compact flash has been used twice also...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you import into photoshop? Using edit in Photoshop from Lightroom or do you open the file after importing in Lightroom directly from your hard disk? If you are opening from Lightroom, try taking one of the images into Develop. Do they look normal there?

P.S. your screenshot shows you are using Lightroom Classic and not Lightroom CC. What version of Lightroom Classic are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just switched to CC and the images are exactly the same. I'm starting to get quite worried!I import directly and when I take it into develop, they still look distorted.

In photoshop: I am putting them on my desktop first and then opening with PS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are these raw files. And when you say “put them on desktop first” do you

mean from the memory card or from Lightroom somehow? If from the memory

card it could be a bad reader or bad connection. That will result in images

randomly corrupting but not consistently the same every time.

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 7:39 PM morgane90038582 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines