Highlighted

Could not run script: OrganizeModuleFactory.lua ...

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open the new Lightroom CC for the first time, I am getting this message. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall but still get the same message.

error.PNG

Hi all,

This issue should be fixed in today's Lightroom CC 1.2 version. Please update your application and let us know if you still see this issue!

Lightroom CC 1.2 is now available!

Thanks,

Melissa

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Could not run script: OrganizeModuleFactory.lua ...

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open the new Lightroom CC for the first time, I am getting this message. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall but still get the same message.

error.PNG

Hi all,

This issue should be fixed in today's Lightroom CC 1.2 version. Please update your application and let us know if you still see this issue!

Lightroom CC 1.2 is now available!

Thanks,

Melissa

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 21, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this exact same error on startup after my first installation. I have LR CC installed alongside LR Classic CC & Photoshop CC.
After I uninstalled, rebooted & reinstalled, the problem did not reappear and the program startup proceeded normally.

I never did work out what the cause was, but it may have been related to other Adobe components running in the background during installation.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2017 0
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I did that and also had to disconnect from my VPN and then it started to work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nick.c, did you uninstall all those Adobe products you listed or just Lightroom CC?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Lightroom CC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey nick.c​ and mikedreyer​,

We're trying to determine what is causing this error prompt to keep showing up. Quick question: did a dialog box named "Help improve Adobe Products" like the one below show up during the session that this error prompt popped up?

Screenshot (40).png

Please let us know!

Thanks,

Melissa

Melissa Rios
Product Manager, Community Experience & Platform | Adobe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2017 2
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same error and I did NOT see Help Adobe Improve Products window.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me. I was running Lightroom CC just a few minutes before. I quit trying to diagnose another issue, why some synced images from Lightroom iOs where only showing at a very low resolution. Probably an unrelated problem. The popup dialogs pop right back up on dismissal so I'll need to force kill the app. Windows 10.

After restarting, the dialog did not pop up.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

problema LrCC.jpg

Hello, when I start my Lightroom this message appears. I already uninstalled and installed 3 times and could not get it to work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just figured it out.  It is an issue with VPN connectivity.  If I disconnect my VPN, Lightroom CC starts up just fine.  If I close the program, start my VPN back up and launch CC again, it errors out.  Every time. 100% reproducible. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2017 2
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But, I do not use VPN

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MirandaDanilo​ It might be worth noting that the error that you are experiencing is different to the other people in this thread. It's similar, but slightly different.

If the advice here is of no help, it may be worth starting a separate thread.

Good luck.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2017 1