Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CR3 Files and Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have been looking for an answer but still didn't resolve my problem...I work on Lr CC not on LrC and I can't open my CR3 pictures on Lr CC. 

All the updates are done, Camera Raw is ok to open them now, Photoshop and Lrc too...but not Lr CC... Does someone have a solution that does not iclude opening them in LrC , then convert them etc etc which is a great loss of time and space....

Many thanks for your help.

Thank you,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What EXACT version of Lightroom are you using? What camera model are you using? What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're probably using an ancient version of Lightroom. The LR CC naming is a hint. It is not the current version if you see CC anywhere! The current version of the cloud version of Lightroom is Lightroom 4.0. The current version of Classic is 10.0. If yiou see CC anywhere you are on an ancient version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Yes those are the versions I had already. LR &
LRC, I was using the CC just to be more precise. With LrC it is OK.
I've uninstall Lr and LRC just now, same versions and now I can drag the
CR3 in Lr but can't open them with "open with"... not so bad but was
wondering why.
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. You should not use "open with" with Lightroom at all. If it were possible befor that might have been erroneously. You need to import images from the program itself either by putting a memory card into a card reader and using the import dialog you get, hitting the plus "add photos" button, or by dragging images onto the Lightroom icon. Lightroom does not "Open" an image, it has to import it into its library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes it does work like this thank you.
But with Lrc you can do the "Open with".
Thanks again for precisions. Now I can drag the pictures with no error
message 🥸

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines