Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashing and Lagging Despite Top of the Line Workstation

Participant ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having a lot of frusterations with the performance of my Adobe CC products. I'm getting all sorts of lagging and crashing and I cannot understand why. I am using a HP Z8 Workstation with 32 GB of RAM and a Nvidia Quadro P4000 Graphics Card. Despite this, Lightroom is an absolute headache to work with and constantly freezes/crashes, and most recently Premeire gave me a video graphics error, despite my Nvidia card having the most recent drivers. I can't understand why things aren't running as smoothly as they are. My thought at first was: I'm using an Ultrawide Monitor (49" LG model) and maybe that is pulling too much from the graphics card. But while it's idol, there is nothing lagging or any issues outside of when I'm using CC products.

To contrast this, my 2016 Macbook Pro works fine while using all of the CC products on less RAM and much slower processors.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Freezes and crashes are almost certainly signs of hardware issues. What you are describing is not normal behavior at all if you have your Classic or Lightroom Cloudy at the latest versions. Large high res screens generally just lead to sluggishness but not to crashes. I would thoroughly test the memory, graphicscard etc. on the workstation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, and everything is running smoothly. I even went through the different pages Adobe provides on how to optimzie lightroom, and there are still issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Freezes and crashes are not normal for Lightroom and I would really suspect a hardware issue. Perhaps try with a different GPU card. Sluggishness, especially on a high resolution displays, is pretty normal but not crashes or freezes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines