• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Add Custom Brush Presets

LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was (and still am, I guess) so, so excited about the launch of the new CC. However, I was extremely disappointed to find that there is no local adjustments folder to add custom brush presets. I chatted with an Adobe Support rep and they said that it "may be added in the future" and to post on here.

I cannot believe that I have to post on here asking for Adobe to add a main chunk of my workflow back into Lightroom. I can't be the only one whose LR workflow is affected by the lack of this capability.

Idea Planned
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , tvOS: Apple TV , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Updating Status

Status Planned

Votes

Translate

Translate
97 Comments
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still no brushes? sigh

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.
Is there any chances to get Brush Presets in new LR in near future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How can I create a brush preset in Lightroom CC? I can save presets for general modification settings, but have not found a way to do it for brushes. I would like to create a few brush presets for the brush settings that I often use.

Thanks,

Vlad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vlad,

You cannot create custom brush presets in Lightroom as of now, please checkout this discussion for more info: Lightroom CC: Custom Brush Presets | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

It makes sense then, well that's a pity because brush presets would make my edits much faster...

Thank you for your quick answer!

Cheers,

Vlad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We an understand that and our Engineering team is constantly working towards adding feature that can improve the user experience. Please add your vote to the above discussion too..

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2019 Sep 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me the same. Really horrible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update here? Custom brush presets is so important and I don't understand why it's been deprioritized by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I miss the ability to use the pre saved mask options on Lr for iPad. For example, I always use the ‘iris enhance’ to pop the eyes in a portrait when editing on a computer, and now I have to set the values for the mask to each photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Adobe - you really need to start making improvements with your CC product otherwise people are going to start moving platforms. The lack of custom brushes for CC is baffling. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so ridiculous. Adobe please fix this ASAP. This is a total preset developer pain in the ass and a total buzzkill for CC. It's been 2 years! Let's get it together peeps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This needs to be added! I am sticking to Lightroom Classic until Local Adjustment brushes + Presets gets added to Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Why has brush presets been removed from the CC version? I love the online system, but eliminating key functionality from the application makes me want to stop using LR all together. 

Best 

Frederick 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys! 3 years now and still no brush presets?!? Do you need an iOS/iPad developer? I do iPad/iOS development and can implement this feature!!! Jesus!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so disappointed that you cant have custom brushes with Lightroom CC. It makes my work impossible. I am beyond frustrated and confused how this is even possible!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Desperately waiting for the custom brush feature to be added! What a waste of time not to have it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this issue been resolved yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So three years later we still have no local adjustment presets? Please, Adobe, add this to one of your next releases! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a big request ever since the release of Lightroom mobile and Lightroom (formerly known as "CC"). One of the reasons I still use my Lightroom Classic are my custom brushes for retouching. And of course the synchronization feature. While there is a workaround to sync the edit from one photo to others, there is no workaround for my dozens of different brushes (for hair, skin, lips, ...). Please Adobe, bring this feature to one of your next upgrades. You come a long way with Lightroom mobile, go for the rest 🙂 Cheers, Markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have voted for this request 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to see the ability to add brush presets in Lightroom CC. Apparently, for some reasons, it is only available in LR Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is being merged into an existing authoritative thread for better tracking and response. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This used to be straight forward in the previous version but how do you save brush settings as a preset for future use? This seems so basic but is somehow no longer intuitive. I have not managed to find information on this for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brush presets are not currently available in the cloud-based apps. I'll merge this thread into the feature request so you can vote on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upvote this. A must for faster edting in LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate