Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a company wide photo catalogue

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi-

I'm begining the process of converting our company photo storage to be organized in Lightroom.  Currently all of our photos are stored on Google Drive and are in multiple different organization schemes.

What I'm looking to do is create a system that fulfills the following requirements:

All photos stored on Google Drive

All team members should be able to search using Windows or Mac for keywords in the root photo storage folder on Google Drive.

Idealy team members would be able to open the lightroom catalogue and edit/export photos as needed.

I've mostly used Lighroom for personal applications so far, and haven't really used CC significantly, so I appreciate your input and patience! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom (Classic) is not really cut out for this. It is designed for individual use, not teams.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think Lightroom is the right solution.

Your first option is Lightroom Classic which could work with photos on Google Drive, if the Drive is synced to the computer. But Classic can not be shared across computers or users.

Your next option is to use Lightroom (cloud version). This app allows mulitple computers and devices to work on the same catalog, but the images are in the Lightroom cloud, not Google Drive cloud. Also, mulitple users can not share a catalog. Everyone would have to log into the same account, and there is a limit to two computers signed in at time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines