Highlighted

Creating "New Collections" in LR CC...?

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems another dilemma awaits me with my feeble attempt to understand this ridiculously complicated Lightroom CC environment (after years using Classic).

How "on earth" does one create "New Collections"...?

Am I supposed to keep on adding images one ONE BIG MASSIVE primary library...?

...phew!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creating "New Collections" in LR CC...?

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems another dilemma awaits me with my feeble attempt to understand this ridiculously complicated Lightroom CC environment (after years using Classic).

How "on earth" does one create "New Collections"...?

Am I supposed to keep on adding images one ONE BIG MASSIVE primary library...?

...phew!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, one big massive library - unlike with real Lightroom, you don't have the choice. New collection is new album. Why are you bothering with LRCC?

And it's not complicated, it's ridiculously, unbelievably simple....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why I am bothering with LRCC, I wish that I had stuck to Lightroom classic.

But unfortunately my new MacBook Pro would not accept it - so I was forced to upgrade!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't "upgraded"! Misled by Adobe's product names, you've switched to a different program.

Lightroom Classic certainly works on the latest MacBookPros. Before going any further down this current rabbit hole, maybe get Lightroom Classic back? If you were fooled into subscribing to "the Lightroom Plan", Adobe can switch you over to "the Photography Plan".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah-ha,

Thanks John. It's becoming clearer now...

And thankfully I wasn't being a luddite, in not appreciating the "apparently new" Lightroom CC features!

It's simply terrible how Adobe have stripped-back the functionality and conveience of Lightroom Classic into Lightroom CC. I can't stand it! _ I don't want my work being controlled by a Server in the Sky every time I make adjustments!

I have indeed paid for "the Photography Plan", SO I'll contact Adobe and ask for a transfer to Lightroom Classic. Then I can easily open my files on my iMac (which still hosts Lightroom Classic).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to open your Classic catalog? There's no reason to not continue working in that catalog. Unless you deleted it it should be exactly as it was the last time you opened  it.

The cloud based version serves users that want to Stream everything they do and have access to their photos from any device by storing originals in the cloud. It's audience is consumers that use their phone all the time as opposed to professionals, serious hobbyist and anyone that likes to do their own printing, book projects etc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carey,

There are actually 3 different Photography plans, two for $9.99 per month and one for $19.99. You may have purchased the $9.99 that doesn’t include Lightroom Classic or Photoshop, and that may be why you are having problems with Classic on your MacBook.

Did you instal the Creative Cloud desktop app first? If so there will be a cloud icon in the top right of your Finder screen. If you see an option to instal, upgrade or open Lightroom Classic and Photoshop from within the desktop app, then you purchased the right plan. If you only see Lightroom CC, you got the wrong plan. Unfortunately if you got the wrong plan you need to contact customer support. They will have to cancel the plan you purchased so that you can switch to the correct one.

All of this is way more confusing than it should be and that is why I created a course for Lynda.com/LinkedIn Learning called Learning the Lightroom Ecosystem. The course explains the different plans, and it covers the whole family of Lightroom apps and how they connect to each other. You can get a 10 free trial to watch.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Learning the Lightroom Ecosystem

Helpful information in this course.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Carey+Marks  wrote

I have indeed paid for "the Photography Plan", SO I'll contact Adobe and ask for a transfer to Lightroom Classic. Then I can easily open my files on my iMac (which still hosts Lightroom Classic).

You misread my post. Do not ask for a transfer. As you have the Photography Plan, you are fine - you have Lr Classic,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
cmgap LATEST
Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have used Lightroom Classic in the past as you mentioned in your original post you should be able to search using Spotlight to locate your .lrcat file and open it from there. Or you can open Lightroom Classic from your Creative Cloud Manager. Just be sure the Lightroom icon has a gray border - not a bright blue border.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines