Highlighted

Crop Overlay change isn't available

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to change the Crop Overlay in Lightroom (just downloaded - April 1st 2020) and I simply cannot change it. Neither using the O key, nor going to 'Tools'. It's just not available? It's exactly like the picture shows. I'd selected the Crop tool before trying. Does anyone know what's happening???Untitled.jpg

Topics

Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Crop Overlay change isn't available

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to change the Crop Overlay in Lightroom (just downloaded - April 1st 2020) and I simply cannot change it. Neither using the O key, nor going to 'Tools'. It's just not available? It's exactly like the picture shows. I'd selected the Crop tool before trying. Does anyone know what's happening???Untitled.jpg

Topics

Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Crop Tool only one overlay is available- and that is the lines of 'Thirds'.

It is either on of off.  [o] is the toggle.

ScreenShot292.jpg  ScreenShot293.jpg

The 'Color' Overlays are only available with Brush and Gradient Tools.

In these tools [o] toggles on/off.  [Shift+o] toggles only two colors: Pink<>Green         

ScreenShot294.jpgScreenShot295.jpg 

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
99jon LATEST
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Robert says, you can tab with the “O”  key to show or hide the crop overlay. But when you have it set to show you do need to move your cursor into the edit space.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines