• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cropping 16x10 option dissapeared?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After today's update, the option to crop images into 16x10 is no longer available. Will this option return or is there any workaround to precisely crop an image into 16x10?

I am currenty using Lightroom CC.

Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Thank you all so much for your feedback. Please see the response from Ben Warde: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-desktop-cloudbased/lightroom-desktop-restore-...

"The 16x10 crop aspect ratio is now available again in Lightroom on web (lightroom.adobe.com) as of today.  Look for it to come back to the mobile and desktop apps in the future."

- Natalie

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see 16x10 at the base of my list, but I cannot remember if that is an installed default or my own custom created ratio!

ScreenShot042.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like the option in Lightroom Classic still remains, but Lightroom CC is not... And since there are no options to enter specific ratio instead of eyeballing it in Lightroom CC, the custom option here doesn't do much help either.

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 9.27.15 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi VP! I'm a designer on Lightroom and you are correct, 16 x 10 was removed as a default from our crop list on desktop and mobile. I'm curious to hear more about your use of 16 x 10 in the past; are you using the crop for a specific purpose, is it a preferred ratio you like, or something else? Any additional info on how you use it is super helpful in planning out updates for the future. 

If you have the 16 x 10 crop on another photo, you can copy the photo settings (tools > crop) and then apply to whichever photo you'd like and you'll have a custom crop.

- Natalie 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Natalie! Good to hear from you. I've been using 16x10 to create a seamless transition from one 4x5 photo to another on Instagram. I'm curious to hear why Lightroom does not have an input option for the app's custom ratio like in Lightroom Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use 16x10 because it fits perfectly on most of my screen sizes - especially the ones I use for display purposes! Please bring back. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok first of all you should understand that 16X10 is used for most ALL full frame pictures on instagram. they use it to slice it up in photoshop so people can scroll left and see the full picture. i need this back as soon as possible or i nedd a work around so that i can set it up custom. i need a fix for this as quickly as possible 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we need a way to enter custom crops in the custom tab without eye balling it. i need something fast. this hold all my posts until fixed 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Natalie, just wondering why it was decided to remove the 16x10 crop format from the newest update (4.0). I use that specific crop format constantly as a wildlife photographer and frankly I find it unacceptable that it would be removed entirely, especially without an alternative being introduced like the ability to custom crop like in Lightroom Classic. The removal of this feature is enough to get me to cancel my monthly subscription and find another product, honestly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all so much for your feedback. Please see the response from Ben Warde: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-desktop-cloudbased/lightroom-desktop-restore-...

"The 16x10 crop aspect ratio is now available again in Lightroom on web (lightroom.adobe.com) as of today.  Look for it to come back to the mobile and desktop apps in the future."

- Natalie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi VP,  Yes, my 16x10 is gone also in v4.

Advice from @NatalieAdobe seems the best to Copy&Paste.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second this motion! I have no idea why it would be removed, seems rather pointless to remove minor features such as this as it will only serve to provide less functionality and for what reason? Im genuinely interested why Adobe remove small features such as this, surely not to save any significant space/computation in the app package. I also use this function to export images that can be split into double 8x10 picture posts for instagram and saves me a step in photoshop. Please update? Custom aspect ratios that crop lock would also be a huge bonus (like in PS)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use this aspect ratio all the time. Please reinstate it Adobe. It's really important to maintain consistency with previous panoramics. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use 16 x 10 to match a digital photoframe I use. 

please bring it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although Natalie has posted on here, it wouldn't hurt to add comments here also which the engineering team monitor: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-desktop-cloudbased/please-bring-back-the-16x1...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need this format and others on a weekly basis. Right now I'm left with editing my images in Lightroom CC and then using Photoshop to crop the image to my desired ratio which is a really stupid workflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

- Natalie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines