Highlighted

Cycle crop overlays?

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm relatively new to Lightroom, but I feel like I'm missing something obvious as I can't seem to figure out how to cycle through overlays like rule of thirds, golden ration, etc..

I see back in 2017 there's a post about it, but it was apparently quite new back then, is this still something that we can't do in the latest versions of LR CC?  "O" brings up the thirds overlay, but from what I can find this is the extent of it?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JohanElzenga | Adobe Community Professional

You can switch between different overlays with the 'O' key in Lightroom Classic. I don't think that Lightroom CC has any other overlay than the rules of thirds yet.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cycle crop overlays?

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm relatively new to Lightroom, but I feel like I'm missing something obvious as I can't seem to figure out how to cycle through overlays like rule of thirds, golden ration, etc..

I see back in 2017 there's a post about it, but it was apparently quite new back then, is this still something that we can't do in the latest versions of LR CC?  "O" brings up the thirds overlay, but from what I can find this is the extent of it?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JohanElzenga | Adobe Community Professional

You can switch between different overlays with the 'O' key in Lightroom Classic. I don't think that Lightroom CC has any other overlay than the rules of thirds yet.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Horspool LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The overlay function has been updated, and LR now has all the crop overlay tools (3rds, diagonals, triangles, golden ratio, and golden spiral). They cycle through using "O" just like PS.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines