Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete images

Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been trying out Lightroom CC for the last couple months and loaded all 28000 of my images into the library to try out the Sensei search, etc.

As I cannot share this with my colleagues, this program is not for me (yet)... How can I remove the images from lightroom and delete them off the web drive without effecticting my image library as such? Are the imges still linked to the original files on my network or are they somehow copies? When Lightroom threatens to delete the files from "All Synced Devices" does that mean from my network drive as well?

Thanks!

FYI the search works great and I will use it in the future as soon as we can share a library with our whole team!

For now I'm done paying for the extra TB of storage on the adobe cloud.

Thanks!

Klaas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

The images were copied to the cloud servers, so deleting them from the cloud servers will not affect the local copies on your own network. 'Synced devices' are computers, tablets or phones running Lightroom CC, so again that does not include your own local storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images were copied to the cloud servers, so deleting them from the cloud servers will not affect the local copies on your own network. 'Synced devices' are computers, tablets or phones running Lightroom CC, so again that does not include your own local storage.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JohanEl54,

Just to clarify: is the image I'm seeing on my computer a copy of the image I originally imported? Or to put it a different way, are the image I see in Lightroom on my desktop actually "stored" on the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I took the plunge. No local files were effected.

I can't wait till Adobe makes Lightroom CC more usefull, it as potential. Hopefully soon, an entire image library could be AI searchable with face recognition like back in the Picassa days. Adobe, can you do as well as Google?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hello, 

if i delete images on Lightroom mobile, are they also affet to local gallery of iphone??? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines